Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula claims responsibility for the cargo plane bomb plot of October 29, 2010 and a September UPS plane crash in Dubai.
- Reuters (Image)
- Emirates Flight 203 from Dubai is quarantined briefly after landing at John F. Kennedy International Airport when 19 passengers were deemed sick and others complained of symptoms.
- South Korean health authorities announce that they are searching for around 50 foreign nationals who may have been in contact with the recently confirmed MERS patient, including those who arrived in Incheon Airport from Dubai on the same flight last Friday.
- Tajikistan announces that it will participate in the Expo 2020 in Dubai.
- The lawyer of Ahmed Shafiq, a candidate for the spring 2018 presidential elections in Egypt, says she met him in a hotel room in Cairo following his arrest the day before in Dubai, U.A.E., after saying earlier today that his family didn't know his whereabouts.
- City officials in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, announce that residents will receive incentives for swapping their petrol engine vehicles for electric ones, including a free Salik tag, and an exemption from RTA registration and renewal vehicle fees.