A suicide bomber kills
A suicide bomber kills at least 50 people and injures around 90 in a mosque near Darra Adam Khel region, 30 kilometers from Peshawar, the capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan.
- A series of coordinated bombings at the U.S. consulate in Peshawar and at a ruling party rally in the Pakistani North-West Frontier Province kills fifty people and injures one hundred.
- A bomb explodes on a truck at a fuel station in Charsadda, North-West Frontier Province, Pakistan (20 km from Peshawar), killing seven people.
- The origin of the zero may have been in South Asia according to a Sanskrit script housed in the United Kingdom since 1902 and discovered in Bakhshali near Peshawar, Pakistan.
- Two separate bombings take place in Pakistan, killing at least seven people. A suicide bomber kills five people at the administrative headquarters in the Mohmand Agency tribal district while the other kills two people at a hospital in Peshawar. Jamaat-ul-Ahrar claims responsibility for the first attack.
- At least 31 people are killed and several more remain missing after flash floods ravage the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan.