A Peruvian judge orders that United States born militant Lori Berenson be released from prison in Lima.
- AP via ''The News Tribune
- A Peruvian court revokes the parole of Lori Berenson, a United States citizen convicted in the 1990s of collaborating with the Tpac Amaru Revolutionary Movement.
- Speaking in Lima's "El Comercio" in response to some ironic quotes by Peruvian President Alan Garcia, Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez says his country will continue to export oil to the United States because it is "in interest".
- In Lima, Peru, a 36-year-old man gets on a public transport bus and sets fire to the passengers, after spraying them with gasoline, leaving 10 people injured. The most affected, a 22-year-old young woman, was seriously injured and believed to be the target of the attack.
- Heads of state and government from across the Americas meet in Lima, Peru, for the Eighth Summit of the Americas.
- A 22-year-old student is found dead inside the National University of San Marcos, of Lima, and the most important and oldest of Peru. Everything seems to indicate that he had been killed. Authorities have identified a possible suspect, who is also a student at the university.