UK Foreign Secretary William Hague warns that "the window is closing" on a Middle East peace deal and expresses frustration over a diplomatic row with Israel.
- BBC (Image)
- The Guardian
- Palestinian teenager Ahed Tamimi is released from an Israeli prison.
- On Quds Day - the last Friday of Ramadan - thousands of Palestinians protest near the Gaza border fence. Israeli troops fire live rounds and tear gas, killing four people and injuring over 600.
- The funeral of a 21-year-old medic, Razan al-Najjar, draws thousands of Palestinians. Witnesses say that Razan was killed while trying to evacuate a wounded protester lying on the Israeli side of the fence.
- Israeli troops shoot dead ten Palestinians near the Israel-Gaza barrier, including a Palestinian journalist, as protests continue.
- United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres warns Israel to use "extreme caution" as further protests are held at the Gazan border. Israeli Defence Forces open fire again, killing at least seven Palestinians.