Somali pirates hijack a vessel under the flag of the Comoros Islands with 29 people on board off the coast of Tanzania.
- Voice of Russia
- A bus crash in Makomero, Tanzania, kills 12 people and injures 46.
- Tanzania's Communications Regulatory Authority issues a two week deadline for bloggers, Internet TV shows, and other online content creators and distributors to register with the government.
- A bus and a lorry collide head-on near Kitonga, Tanzania, killing twenty six people and wounding nine others.
- The Hellenic Coast Guard seizes the Tanzanian-flagged cargo ship "Andromeda" - allegedly bound for Libya, loaded with 410 tonnes of explosives - in Heraklion, Greece. 102 safety deficiencies are found, and 8 crew members are arrested.
- Suspected Allied Democratic Forces militants in North Kivu, DR Congo, kill at least 15 United Nations peacekeepers, mostly Tanzanian, and five Congolese soldiers, and wound 53 other people. An unknown number of the rebels are killed. Over 90 peacekeepers have been killed since the mission started in 1999.