More than fifty inmates at the Moorlands Young Offenders Institution in South Yorkshire, England, riot for the second successive night.
- Robin Hood Airport Doncaster Sheffield commenced operation in South Yorkshire in the north of England.
- The charity concert organized by Ariana Grande in the wake of the 2017 Manchester Arena bombing is held in Manchester, England.
- After six days of debate, the House of Commons of the United Kingdom votes to approve, with 323 votes for and 309 against, the policies set out in the Queen's Speech. In order to avoid a 'regret' amendment, Chancellor of the Exchequer Philip Hammond says that England's National Health Service is to provide free abortions to women from Northern Ireland with funds from the Government Equalities Office.
- Six people are injured after a car ploughs into Eid al-Fitr worshippers in Newcastle upon Tyne, England. Police do not believe terrorism is involved.
- A large scale international cyber-attack using the WannaCry ransomware package disrupts computer and telephone systems in thousands of cases across 99 countries. Affected organisations include: England's NHS, with doctors reporting messages demanding money; MegaFon and Sberbank in Russia; Telefonica, Iberdrola, and Gas Natural in Spain; and FedEx.