Indonesia evacuates thousands more people from their villages as Mount Merapi in central Java explodes again.
Thousands have been ordered to evacuate their villages around Mount Merapi as Indonesia's most active volcano erupts again.
- ABC (Image)
- Jakarta Globe
- Mount Merapi in Java, Indonesia, erupts. Authorities order evacuations and the closure of Adisucipto Airport in Yogyakarta.
- Lava and ash spew from Mount Merapi in Central Java province in Indonesia before dawn as the death toll rises to 120.
- Continuing eruptions of Mount Merapi in Java, Indonesia, lead to cancellation of flights to the nearby city of Yogyakarta.
- Authorities evacuate 40,000 people in Java due to fears of an explosion by Mount Merapi.
- Geologists increase the alert status of Mount Merapi volcano in central Java in Indonesia. The volcano has shown increased activity since last Friday.