There is a row in the European Parliament as French and German MEPs attack Ireland's 12.5% corporate tax rate.
A row has broken out in the European Parliament over Ireland's 12.5% corporate tax rate.
- RTÉ (Image)
- Members of the European Parliament vote to activate the European Union's disciplinary process against Hungary, citing alleged discrepancies administering the rule of law in the country under Prime Minister Viktor Orban.
- The European Parliament votes 447-196 to dismiss Ryszard Czarnecki (PiS) as one of its 14 vice-presidents, for calling fellow Polish parliamentarian Roza Thun (Civic Platform) a "szmalcownik" (meaning Nazi collaborator). It is the first time that the parliament invokes the powers of Article 21 of the Treaty on European Union to dismiss a senior office holder. Czarnecki remains a Member of the European Parliament.
- After European Parliament auditors conclude that he used a parliamentary assistant for UKIP party matters instead of for work related to the duties of a Member of the European Parliament, Nigel Farage will now pay back GBP35,500 (EUR40,000) through having half of his salary withheld.
- An altercation with a fellow UKIP MEP inside the European Parliament leaves UK Independence Party, Member of the European Parliament, and current UKIP party leadership favorite Steven Woolfe hospitalized.
- Former United Kingdom Independence Party Member of the European Parliament Ashley Mote is jailed for 5 years for fraudulently claiming almost GBP500k in European Parliament expenses.