- Delegates at the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Cancun, Mexico, agree to a compromise on slowing climate change, though overall failing to reach a "deal that many activists and governments want."
- Fourteen people are killed in 36 hours in Cancun, Mexico, in the worst spate of violence in the city since 2004.
- Gunmen storm a bar in Cancun, Mexico, and kill 7 people, also 4 others were wounded in the attack. The authorities allege that the victims were part of a taxi union.
- The US' 15th most wanted fugitive, Vincent Walters, is apprehended in Cancun, Mexico.
- Residents in the Mexican city of Cancun brace for Hurricane Rina, which is expected to make landfall on Thursday.