The United Kingdom continues to face blizzard conditions with many schools closed, long queues on the M8 motorway in Scotland, and Edinburgh Airport closed.
Snow contnues to fall across much of the UK, bringing disruption to roads and airports, and closing hundreds of schools.
- Daily Mail
- Sky News
- The Met Office issues its highest level warning, a red alert for parts of Scotland due to heavy snow. It is the first time a red alert has ever been issued in Scotland, and only the second time anywhere in the United Kingdom.
- Mount Hope, in a disputed region of Antarctica, is found to be the highest mountain in territory claimed by the United Kingdom. Ben Nevis in Scotland is the highest mountain in the United Kingdom.
- Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon announces she will seek a second referendum on Scottish independence from the United Kingdom.
- The Met Office issues travel warnings for parts of Wales, Scotland and England as Storm Doris, described as a "weather bomb", brings gales, heavy rain and snow to the United Kingdom. At least one person is killed.
- Philip Dilley, chairman of the UK's Environment Agency resigns after receiving heavy criticism for not returning from a family holiday in Barbados during the recent heavy floods in Northern England and Scotland.