Students protest in Rome and other Italian cities as politicians threaten to cut funding for education and research.
Student protesters cause major disruption in Rome and other Italian cities as ministers debate cuts to education funding and time limits on research.
- BBC (Image)
- Italian authorities say a major terror alert in Rome last week was for an innocent man whose fiance had made false, anonymous accusations to the Italian embassy in Tunisia.
- Pope Francis comforts a crying boy in San Paolo della Croce, Rome, by telling him his recently-deceased father, an atheist, will have ascended to heaven on the basis his father had "a good heart".
- Hundreds of thousands protest in D.C., with thousands of protesters turning out in Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, and other cities throughout the United States and the world in cities such as Rome, Italy internationally, in support of women's rights.
- An explosion outside a prominent post office in Rome causes damage to a car; however, no injuries or deaths have been reported. A preliminary investigation indicated it was most likely "a demonstrative act, showing that it could be done".
- At the Indigenous Peoples Forum in Rome, Italy, Pope Francis says that developmental needs have to be reconciled with the protection of the particular characteristics of indigenous peoples and their territories. This is taken by some as a reference to the Standing Rock Sioux and other groups opposing the Dakota Access Pipeline.