North Korea says it has thousands of centrifuges operating at a previously undetected uranium enrichment facility it revealed earlier this month.
- BBC (Image)
- The Hindu
- Korean peninsula:Officials from the United States, South Korea and Japan are to meet in Washington, D.C., to discuss North Korea.
- Korean peninsula:: Officials from the United States, South Korea and Japan are to meet in Washington, D.C., to discuss North Korea.
- Officials from the United States, South Korea and Japan are to meet in Washington, D.C., to discuss North Korea.
- North Korea fires a medium-range ballistic missile about 60 kilometers (37 miles) into its eastern waters, in the direction of Japan according to United States and South Korean officials.
- Amid growing concern about North Korea's ballistic missile capability, South Korea, Japan and the U.S. are to hold their first ever joint anti-missile exercise next month, according to South Korea's Ministry of National Defense. The three countries will practice "detecting and tracing a hypothetical North Korean missile," said a ministry official.
- North Korea fires two mid-range ballistic missiles as the leaders of the United States, Japan and South Korea meet to discuss the security threat it poses to the region.
- North Korea announces it is in the final stage of uranium enrichment, as Russia, South Korea, Japan and the United States express concern.
- Delegates arrive in Beijing for the resumption of six party talks on Wednesday involving North Korea, South Korea, China, Russia, Japan and the United States to discuss the second phase of a deal on North Korean nuclear disarmament.