Ireland is hit by snow and record low November temperatures that disrupt the nation.
- The Irish Times
- Twenty-three European Union countries sign a defence integration pact known as the Permanent Structured Cooperation. NATO members Denmark, Portugal and the United Kingdom (withdrawal from EU underway), and non-NATO members Malta and Ireland, opt out.
- Storm Brian, the third windstorm of the season, causes severe flash flooding in Ireland and coastal flooding in parts of England and Wales, although disruption is not as severe as initially expected.
- The woman whose remains were found scattered along the Military Road in Wicklow, Ireland was named locally today as Patricia O'Connor, a 61 year old from Rathfarnham. A man was arrested in connection with this on Tuesday.
- Avian flu virus H5N8 outbreaks are reported in birds in India, Germany, Finland, Ireland, the Netherlands, and several other European nations. The World Health Organization advised on 17 November that human infection is possible, but unlikely, based on information available.
- Taoiseach Enda Kenny says that Irish unity must be considered in Brexit talks.