Ireland is hit by snow and record low November temperatures that disrupt the nation.
- The Irish Times
- Taoiseach Leo Varadkar announces plans to open the Technological University Dublin, a new university in Dublin, Ireland, in January 2019. The new university will be an amalgamation of three existing institutes of technology - DIT, ITB, and IT Tallaght.
- Ireland holds a referendum which will decide whether to repeal the constitutional prohibition of abortion. Exit polls suggest the results shall be 68% "yes" and 32% "no". The results will be released at 09:00 UTC tomorrow.
- Irish mixed martial arts fighter Conor McGregor appears in court and is released on bail after being charged with assault and criminal mischief.
- Irish firm Smyths Toys agrees to buy 93 Toys R Us stores in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland plus four related online shops.
- A fire breaks out in the upper floors of a hotel and apartment block building in Ballymun, Ireland, near Dublin Airport. The fire affects the top seven floors of the building and two floors of apartments, without casualties.