India's top investigating agency raids 11 locations in connection with alleged financial irregularities in the 2010 Commonwealth Games.
Indian police raid 11 locations in connection with alleged financial irregularities at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi.
- An Indian court orders Suresh Kalmadi, the chief organiser of the 2010 Commonwealth Games, to remain in custody while corruption charges against him are investigated.
- Former President of the Maldives Mohamed Nasheed calls from exile for other countries to intervene in a political crisis engulfing the island nation. Nasheed asks India to help release prisoners and the United States to curb leaders' financial transactions.
- An Anglo-Eastern Group oil tanker with 22 Indian crew members on board is reported missing off the coast of Benin. The area is well known for piracy.
- A bus plunges into the Bhairab River after falling off a bridge in Murshidabad district, West Bengal, India, killing at least 36 people. The late response by rescuers to save passengers leads to violence between local residents and police.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation successfully launches India's 100th satellite and 30 other satellites from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh. [http:--www.thehindubusinessline.com-news-science-isro-launches-its-100th-satellite-into-space-article10027585.ece "(The Hindu)"]A Delta IV launches NROL-47, a classified U.S. military payload, from Vandenberg Air Force Base, California. It is the last single-core Delta IV to launch from Vandenberg. [https:--spaceflightnow.com-2018-01-13-delta-4-rocket-successfully-lofts-clandestine-nro-satellite-into-orbit-"(Spaceflight Now)"]