Heavy flooding and mudslides claim at least 21 lives in Venezuela, with the President of Venezuela declaring a state of emergency in the state of Falcon.
- The birthplace of late President Hugo Chavez is burned by protesters as violence and looting spreads through Barinas, Venezuela following the death of a protester.
- Marking the 50th consecutive day of protests, hundreds of thousands demonstrate throughout Venezuela against President Nicolas Maduro, with civil unrest growing despite the increasing number of casualties.
- Venezuelans continue their march against President Nicolas Maduro with thousands flocking into the streets of Caracas for a second day.
- Venezuelan security forces clash with opposition demonstrators in the so-called "Mother of All Marches" against President Nicolas Maduro in Caracas. Two students and a National Guard sergeant are shot dead.
- Venezuelan officials arrest several opposition activists, including Popular Will Party leaders, just days before Thursday's scheduled national protest against the rule of President Nicolas Maduro.