At least 30 people are killed by flooding and heavy rains in Morocco.
At least 30 people killed, many of them in one incident, following heavy rain and floods.
- Al Jazeera
- The Court of Appeal in Rabat, Morocco, acquits Younes Chekkouri of undermining the security of the state. Chekkouri was detained in Guantanamo Bay detention camp for 14 years without charges.
- Thousands of Moroccans protest working conditions in Morocco's coal pits.
- At least 15 people are killed in a human stampede over food in the village of Sidi Boualem, Morocco.
- Approximately fifty migrants are feared drowned off the coast of Morocco. Three men were rescued near Alboran Island near the coast of Spain.
- The oldest fossil records of "Homo sapiens" are discovered in Jebel Irhoud, Morocco, dated at between 300,000 and 350,000 years old. The earliest "Homo sapiens" fossils had been dated as 200,000 years old.