San Francisco passes a law banning McDonald's from giving free children's toys with unhealthy food.
San Francisco has become the first major U.S. city to pass a law that cracks down on the popular practice of giving away free toys with unhealthy restaurant meals for children.
- Reuters (Image)
- The Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a major California utility based in San Francisco, announces they temporarily turned off power to 60,000 customers in 12 Northern California counties due to threats of wildfires. Red flag warnings are issued to 22 million people in the state.
- Far-left anarchists clash with riot police in central Paris, France. Several businesses are looted and set on fire, including a McDonald's restaurant and Renault garage. Hundreds are arrested.
- United Airlines Flight 1175 traveling to Honolulu from San Francisco lands safely at Honolulu International Airport, Hawaii, after the pilots call for an emergency landing because of a loss of the engine cowling.
- Refuse Fascism holds protests against U.S. President Donald Trump in several major cities, including New York City, Chicago, and San Francisco.
- Jose Ines Garcia Zarate, a suspect in a 2015 shooting in San Francisco, is acquitted of murder charges and found guilty of being a felon in possession of a firearm.