Hundreds of Pakistani Muslims demonstrate in Lahore against a potential pardon for a Christian woman sentenced to death for blasphemy against Islam.
PAKISTANI Muslims have threatened anarchy if the Government pardons a Christian mother sentenced to death for blasphemy, calling hundreds of protesters onto the streets.
- A Christian woman, Asia Bibi, is sentenced to death for blasphemy by a court in Lahore, Pakistan.
- An Anti-Terrorism Court in Lahore, Pakistan, sentences Imran Ali to death, for the rape and murder of 7-year-old Zainab Ansari. The victim's family demands Ali's hanging to be conducted in public.
- The Pakistan Minister for Law Zahid Hamid resigns after days of protest over proposed changes to blasphemy laws.
- At least six people are killed in a bomb blast in the Pakistani city of Lahore.
- Pakistan detains Hafiz Muhammad Saeed, the suspected mastermind of the 2008 attacks in the Indian city. Saeed, co-founder of the active terrorist organization Lashkar-e-Taiba, is being held under house arrest in Lahore in Pakistan's Punjab Province. Four other men are also under house arrest in the area.