Hundreds of Pakistani Muslims demonstrate in Lahore against a potential pardon for a Christian woman sentenced to death for blasphemy against Islam.
PAKISTANI Muslims have threatened anarchy if the Government pardons a Christian mother sentenced to death for blasphemy, calling hundreds of protesters onto the streets.
- news.com.au (Image)
- A Christian woman, Asia Bibi, is sentenced to death for blasphemy by a court in Lahore, Pakistan.
- The roof of a partially-constructed building collapses in Lahore, Pakistan. Three are killed and two more injured.
- An Anti-Terrorism Court in Lahore, Pakistan, sentences Imran Ali to death, for the rape and murder of 7-year-old Zainab Ansari. The victim's family demands Ali's hanging to be conducted in public.
- The Pakistan Minister for Law Zahid Hamid resigns after days of protest over proposed changes to blasphemy laws.
- At least six people are killed in a bomb blast in the Pakistani city of Lahore.