Pakistani police arrest two Islamist militants planning a suicide bombing attack against a mosque and a government building in Islamabad.
- UK Press Asscociation
- The government of Pakistan warns that it will push to clear the Islamist protests occurring in Islamabad. Protests have broken out in the capital and other cities ever since Mumtaz Qadri was executed last February for his role in killing Punjab governor Salmaan Taseer in 2011 because he opposed Pakistan's blasphemy laws.
- A suicide-bomb attack outside the regional office of the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) in the northwestern Pakistani city of Mardan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, leaves at least 26 people dead and 45 wounded. The militant Islamist group Jamaat-ul-Ahrar, a Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan splinter group, claims responsibility for the attack.
- Pakistani protesters armed with sticks and stones clash with police in the centre of Islamabad after protests calling for the resignation of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif turn violent. All schools in the capital have been closed as a result of the clashes.
- At least 230 people have been injured in clashes between opponents of Prime Minister of Pakistan Nawaz Sharif and police in Islamabad.
- Six Frontier Corpsmen are killed during a suicide attack in Islamabad, Pakistan.