- Reuters Africa
- Supporters of Lebanese caretaker Prime Minister Saad Hariri call for a day of protests following Hezbollah's support for Najib Mikati as Prime Minister a new coalition government to replace that of Hariri, and igniting the possibility of clashes in the latest development in the crisis over a United Nations-backed tribunal investigating the 2005 assassination of former Prime Minister Rafic Hariri, Saad Hariri's father.
- Hezbollah and its allies win support a majority in parliament to nominate their candidate, Najib Mikati, as Prime Minister of Lebanon, giving them the upper hand in attempts to form a government and sparking accusations of a pro-Iranian coup by loyalists of ousted Prime Minister Saad Hariri.
- Lebanon's Government led by Prime Minister Saad Hariri collapses following the withdrawal of Hezbollah.
- Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah announces Monday as the day he will present evidence reputed to implicate Israel in the 2005 car bomb assassination of then Prime Minister of Lebanon Rafiq Hariri.
- Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri announces the formation of a unity government with Hezbollah.