Seven are killed and three injured in the rough landing of a Mi-8 helicopter in the Omsk region of Siberia, Russia.
- At least 15 people are killed after a Russian Mi-8 transport helicopter carrying oil workers crashes in eastern Siberia near the Yenisei River.
- The Mezhegei coal mine in Tuva, Siberia, Russia, suffers a collapse. A total of 79 miners are rescued but one remains missing.
- An anomalous weather event caused due to dust from a sandstorm in the Sahara, leads to an orange snow blanketing several Eastern European countries, including Ukraine, Bulgaria, Romania and Russia. This weather event happens roughly every five years; a similar event occured in Siberia in 2007.
- A Russian Mi-8 helicopter crashes into the sea off Svalbard with eight people reported missing. A search and rescue operation is underway.
- At least 12 people, including 10 children, are killed in a bus crash in Siberia, Russia.