Seven are killed and three injured in the rough landing of a Mi-8 helicopter in the Omsk region of Siberia, Russia.
- KazInform (Image)
- At least 15 people are killed after a Russian Mi-8 transport helicopter carrying oil workers crashes in eastern Siberia near the Yenisei River.
- An MI-8 helicopter belonging to Russian company Utair crashes in Siberia, killing 18 people.
- Russian authorities say that they foiled a plot by Siberian terrorists to attack a Victory Day march attended by President Vladimir Putin and visiting Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Twenty suspects are detained.
- The Mezhegei coal mine in Tuva, Siberia, Russia, suffers a collapse. A total of 79 miners are rescued but one remains missing.
- An anomalous weather event caused due to dust from a sandstorm in the Sahara, leads to an orange snow blanketing several Eastern European countries, including Ukraine, Bulgaria, Romania and Russia. This weather event happens roughly every five years; a similar event occurred in Siberia in 2007.