Workers in Portugal hold a general strike to protest against proposed cuts to wages.
- A fire in a building housing the Portuguese, Tunisian, Argentinian and Belgian embassies in Stockholm, Sweden injures 14 people. A man is arrested on suspicion of arson.
- The Parliament of Portugal passed a new law, by a 109 vote margin, making it easier for people to change their legal gender. Portuguese citizens from the age of 16 will now be able to change their gender and name in documents without the need of a medical report.
- People in 150 places across France take to the streets peacefully in a general strike to protest President Macron's economic reforms. Railways, airways, schools and power generation are affected.
- A heat boiler explodes at a community center in Vila Nova da Rainha, Tondela, Portugal, leaving at least eight people dead and thirty five injured.
- The Eurogroup selects Mario Centeno, Portugal's Minister of Finance, to succeed Jeroen Dijsselbloem as their next president.