UK Independence Party MEP Godfrey Bloom is expelled from the chamber of the European Parliament after calling German Socialist MEP Martin Schulz an "undemocratic fascist".
UKIP MEP Godfrey Bloom is ordered out of the chamber of the European Parliament after he directed a Nazi slogan at a German socialist.
- The Independent
- An altercation with a fellow UKIP MEP inside the European Parliament leaves UK Independence Party, Member of the European Parliament, and current UKIP party leadership favorite Steven Woolfe hospitalized.
- Nigel Farage resigns as leader of the UK Independence Party (UKIP) but says he and other MEPs-MPs of the party would continue to carry out their term in the European Parliament.
- Representatives of the European Parliament and European Council sign a document formally granting Ukrainians visa-free travel to the European Union. The visa-free regime is due to enter into force on June 11.
- The European Parliament votes to end visa-free travel for United States citizens after the U.S. government failed to agree to visa-free travel for citizens of five European Union member states, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Poland and Romania. The resolution is non-binding.
- The UK Independence Party (UKIP)'s only MP, Douglas Carswell, quits the party to become an independent MP.