UK Independence Party
UK Independence Party MEP Godfrey Bloom is expelled from the chamber of the European Parliament after calling German Socialist MEP Martin Schulz an "undemocratic fascist".
UKIP MEP Godfrey Bloom is ordered out of the chamber of the European Parliament after he directed a Nazi slogan at a German socialist.
- The Independent
- After European Parliament auditors conclude that he used a parliamentary assistant for UKIP party matters instead of for work related to the duties of a Member of the European Parliament, Nigel Farage will now pay back GBP35,500 (EUR40,000) through having half of his salary withheld.
- An altercation with a fellow UKIP MEP inside the European Parliament leaves UK Independence Party, Member of the European Parliament, and current UKIP party leadership favorite Steven Woolfe hospitalized.
- Nigel Farage resigns as leader of the UK Independence Party (UKIP) but says he and other MEPs-MPs of the party would continue to carry out their term in the European Parliament.
- Gerard Batten is elected unopposed as the leader of the UK Independence Party, having been interim leader of the party since previous leader Henry Bolton was overthrown in a vote of no confidence in February.
- The European Parliament votes 447-196 to dismiss Ryszard Czarnecki (PiS) as one of its 14 vice-presidents, for calling fellow Polish parliamentarian Roza Thun (Civic Platform) a "szmalcownik" (meaning Nazi collaborator). It is the first time that the parliament invokes the powers of Article 21 of the Treaty on European Union to dismiss a senior office holder. Czarnecki remains a Member of the European Parliament.