The United Nations and Pan American Health Organization estimate that the number of cases in the 2010 Haiti cholera outbreak could reach more than 200,000 in the next three months.
The cholera epidemic in Haiti is spreading much faster than predicted, the UN says, and could cause 200,000 cases in the next three months.
- AFP via Google
- BBC (Image)
- French epidemiologist Renaud Piarroux, working on behalf of the French and Haitian governments, points to "strong evidence" linking United Nations peacekeepers to Haiti's cholera outbreak.
- The United Nations warns that the Haitian cholera epidemic could get worse.
- The death toll from the 2010 Haiti cholera outbreak passes 1,000. At least one man is shot dead by United Nations peacekeepers after allegedly opening fire on the peacekeepers.
- The United Nations appeals for nearly $164 million to fund the battle against Haiti's outbreak of cholera as hospitals overflow and space and time run out.
- Iran's judiciary executes three Iranian Kurdish prisoners, including Ramin Panahi, for terrorism offences. Two United Nations special rapporteurs condemn the executions and Amnesty International alleges their trials were unfair, due to the denial of legal counsel and confessions obtained through torture.