- Times Live South Africa
- A trial at a court in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, opens to try former President Blaise Compaoré and members of his cabinet in absentia. Burkina Faso accuses Compaoré, who is in exile in the Ivory Coast, of ordering the killing of protesters during the uprising that ousted him in 2014.
- Blaise Compaoré resigns as President of Burkina Faso following the 2014 Burkinabé uprising. General Honoré Traoré assumes leadership on a transitional basis.
- Blaise Compaore, President of Burkina Faso, who took power in a coup 24 years ago, reportedly flees a mutiny of his military bodyguards.
- Voters in Burkina Faso go to the polls, with incumbent President Blaise Compaoré claiming victory with 75 per cent of the votes.
- The head of Guinea's junta Moussa Dadis Camara and interim leader General Sékouba Konaté hold emergency talks with Burkina Faso's President Blaise Compaoré.