India forms two new military divisions, comprising more than 36,000 men, to be deployed in Arunachal Pradesh near the border with China.
India forms two new army divisions - comprising more than 36,000 men - to defend the north-eastern state of Arunachal Pradesh.
- BBC (Image)
- The Dalai Lama begins a visit to Tawang, in the disputed territory of Arunachal Pradesh in northeastern India, amid objections from China.
- India tells China that the Dalai Lama is an "honoured guest" and will not be barred from visiting Arunachal Pradesh despite protests from China.
- The Indian Army rejects Chinese categorisations of its patrols in Asaphila near the disputed Arunachal Pradesh border as "transgressions", and accuses China of damaging Indian roadlaying equipment.
- At least 15 people have been killed in a landslide in the Tawang District in India's Arunachal Pradesh state.
- India and China agree to establish a working mechanism to deal with border issues.