Ten Somalis go on trial in Germany for attacking a German ship in the country's first pirate trial in 400 years.
- Al Jazeera
- Deutsche Welle
- United States Marines board and seize control of a German-owned vessel, Magellan Star, previously captured by pirates off the coast of Somalia.
- The International Maritime Bureau claims that pirates have hijacked a bulk carrier with 21 crew members in the Gulf of Aden near Somalia.
- Somali pirates demand $1.5 million in ransom for the release of a Danish freighter and its crew.
- The Seabourn Cruise Line cruise ship The Seabourn Spirit evades an attack by pirates off the coast of Somalia. [https:--news.yahoo.com-s-ap-20051106-ap_on_re_af-pirate_attack (Yahoo! News)] (Link dead as of 21:17, 14 January 2007 (UTC))
- Six armed Somali pirates hijack the MV Miltzow, a freighter that is carrying United Nations food aid. After its cargo of 850 tonnes of food aid was offloaded in the port of Merka, the ship was forced to sail down the coast to Barawa before being released two days later.