Former Nigerian Vice President Atiku Abubakar is chosen to challenge incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan for the ruling People's Democratic Party nomination in next year's presidential election.
Atiku Abubakar, former vice president, will compete against Goodluck Jonathan, the president, for ruling PDP nomination.
- AFP via Google News
- Al Jazeera
- Nigerian Guardian
- Nigeria's ruling People's Democratic Party nominates incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan as its candidate for April presidential elections.
- Thousands of members of Nigeria's ruling People's Democratic Party begin voting on whether incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan should be their choice of candidate in April presidential elections.
- President Goodluck Jonathan of Nigeria wins the presidential election held on 16 April.
- Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan announces he will contest the presidential election in January 2011.
- Rivers State governor Rotimi Amaechi and his convoy are pelted with stones, coming days after he was suspended from People's Democratic Party, allegedly for lodging his opposition against Goodluck Jonathan.