Seven people are killed after a bomb planted by suspected Maoist rebels explodes in Aurangabad district, Bihar, northeastern India.
The bomb, which was found by the security personnel on Saturday during the final phase of Bihar polls, suddenly exploded today killing eight persons on the spot.
- The Times of India (Image)
- Lightning strikes in the Indian states of Bihar and Uttar Pradesh kill at least 70 people, mostly farm labourers.
- A clash with Hindu villagers in Sarayian village in India's Bihar state leaves at least three Muslim villagers burned to death.
- 4 killed in a train accident in Bihar, India.
- Maoist rebels ambush an Indian paramilitary force in Chhattisgarh, India, killing 18 soldiers.
- A serial blast injures 5 people near Mahabodhi temple at Bodh Gaya, in the Indian state of Bihar.