An Israeli military court demotes two Givati Brigade staff sergeants to sergeant after convicting them of forcing a nine-year-old Palestinian boy to open two bags thought to contain explosives.
Two Israeli soldiers who used a Palestinian child as a human shield during an offensive in Gaza receive suspended sentences and are demoted.
- The Jerusalem Post
- Israel Defence Forces open fire on four Palestinian protestors trying to sabotage the Israeli-Gazan border fence. Two people are killed and two others wounded. Israeli forces also open fire on a Hamas outpost near the border, saying that it was used to launch attacks on soldiers and the border fence.
- Hamas says Palestinian engineer Fadi al-Batsh, shot dead on his way to a mosque in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, today, was an important member. Hamas does not ascribe responsibility for the killing but the victim's relatives allege Israeli involvement. Israeli Education Minister Naftali Bennett calls al-Batsh a terrorist and says no burial will be permitted in Gaza.
- Israel announces sanctions on the owners of fourteen bus companies, and their families, in response to the firms transporting Palestinian protestors to the Gaza-Israel border.
- A further two Palestinian protestors die, bringing the death toll at the Israeli-Gazan border to 34 since March 30.
- A Palestinian man in the occupied West Bank is arrested and questioned for a few hours by Israeli police after Facebook mistranslates his Arabic-language message saying "good morning" into Hebrew for "attack them".