An Israeli military court demotes two Givati Brigade staff sergeants to sergeant after convicting them of forcing a nine-year-old Palestinian boy to open two bags thought to contain explosives.
Two Israeli soldiers who used a Palestinian child as a human shield during an offensive in Gaza receive suspended sentences and are demoted.
- BBC (Image)
- The Jerusalem Post
- The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) open fire on a group of Palestinian men trying to sabotage the Israeli-Gazan border fence, killing three and injuring two others. The IDF also attacks a Hamas outpost near the border, stating that the location was used to launch incendiary kites and other objects in an attempt to burn Israeli fields.
- Senior Hamas member Yehiyeh Sinwar suggests that tens of thousands of Palestinian protestors may try to cross the border fence between Israel and the Gaza Strip.
- Hamas says Palestinian engineer Fadi al-Batsh, shot dead on his way to a mosque in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, today, was an important member. Hamas does not ascribe responsibility for the killing but the victim's relatives allege Israeli involvement. Israeli Education Minister Naftali Bennett calls al-Batsh a terrorist and says no burial will be permitted in Gaza.
- Israel announces sanctions on the owners of fourteen bus companies, and their families, in response to the firms transporting Palestinian protestors to the Gaza-Israel border.
- A further two Palestinian protestors die, bringing the death toll at the Israeli-Gazan border to 34 since March 30.