Aasia Bibi, a Christian woman sentenced to death in Pakistan on charges of blasphemy against Islam, appeals to President Asif Ali Zardari to pardon her.
A Christian woman sentenced to death in Pakistan on charges of blasphemy has appealed to President Asif Ali Zardari to pardon her, saying that she had been...
- The Nation
- The Washington Post
- Pope Benedict XVI urges Pakistani authorities to release Aasia Bibi, a Christian woman facing a death sentence on a charge of blasphemy against Islam.
- A crowd of hundreds of people attack a Christian seminary, a church and houses of local Christians in Gujranwala, Pakistan, after finding out that two Christians who had been accused of blasphemy have been released from protective custody by the police.
- A Christian woman, Asia Bibi, is sentenced to death for blasphemy by a court in Lahore, Pakistan.
- Pakistan adopts the 18th amendment to the Constitution, stripping President Asif Ali Zardari of key powers.
- A Pakistani Christian dies after being burned alive for refusing a conversion to Islam.