The Vatican says it is preparing guidelines on how to prevent clerical sex abuse, as the Pope holds a rare meeting with about 150 cardinals from around the world.
- BBC (Image)
- A court in Pamplona, Spain convicts a group of five men on charges of sexual abuse at the festival of San Fermin in 2016, clearing them of charges of gang rape.
- The Vatican commission on sexual abuse announces that Peter Saunders, a sexual abuse survivor from the U.K., is suspended from commission proceedings. "I am not leaving my position," Saunders said, adding only the person who appointed him, the Pope, can dismiss him.
- Scottish Cardinal Keith O'Brien, who resigned last week due to allegations of sexual impropriety, admitted his past sexual misconduct and apologized for it.
- Former Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky is transferred to State Correctional Institution - Greene in Franklin Township, Pennsylvania, to serve his 30-to-60-year sentence on child sexual abuse charges.
- The Boy Scouts of America release documents containing over 15,000 pages relating to allegations of sexual abuse by over 1200 scout leaders between 1965-1985.[https:--www.nytimes.com-2012-10-19-us-boy-scout-documents-reveal-decades-of-sexual-abuse.html?pagewanted=all "(New York Times)"]