Nine people, including Russians and Ukrainians, die in a bus accident in Egypt.
- Egypt bans "Saturday Night Live Arabia" for using "sexual expressions that are inappropriate for viewers".
- A hot air balloon crashes due to strong winds in Egypt's Luxor Governorate. A tourist from Australia is killed and 12 other tourists are injured. The Egypt Aviation Authority says there were 20 passengers on the balloon.
- Archaeologists in Egypt display items, including figurines, masks and a mummy, from one of two previously unexplored tombs, Kampp 150 and Kampp 161, in the ancient Nile city of Luxor.
- The lawyer of Ahmed Shafiq, a candidate for the spring 2018 presidential elections in Egypt, says she met him in a hotel room in Cairo following his arrest the day before in Dubai, U.A.E., after saying earlier today that his family didn't know his whereabouts.
- Nine people are killed in two coordinated attacks targeting Coptic Christians in Egypt. Two of the victims are killed by a gunman in a Coptic-owned appliance store in the Helwan area of Cairo. The gunman then moves to a church where he kills a further six civilians and a policeman before being arrested.