Yemen charges militant Islamic cleric Anwar al-Awlaki with incitement to kill foreigners.
- A judge in Yemen orders the capture of militant Islamic cleric Anwar al-Awlaki to face charges of "forming an armed gang".
- Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula leader and U.S. citizen Anwar al-Awlaki is reported killed in Yemen.
- Anwar al-Awlaki, a Yemeni cleric affiliated with al-Queda, tells Muslims in a new video posting that they are free to kill American at will, in retaliation for the killing of civilians in Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere.
- Nine people, including seven children, die from cholera in Yemen, amid an outbreak of the disease in the country.
- Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates say that the bombing of a school bus in Yemen by Saudi Arabian aircraft, which killed 51 people, was "unjustified".