Civic United Front
Salum Khalfani Bar'wani of the opposition Civic United Front party is elected as a Member of Parliament, the first albino to serve elective office in Tanzania.
An albino is elected as an MP for the first time in Tanzania, telling the BBC it is a "victory for all albinos", who face widespread persecution in the East African nation.
- Tanzania's opposition Chadema party presidential candidate Edward Lowassa calls for a recount of Sunday's election for the presidency before official results are announced tomorrow. Meanwhile, the election commission chief of semi-autonomous Zanzibar nullifies their results, which opposition presidential candidate Seif Sharif Hamad of the Civic United Front announced he won on Monday. The United States said it's "gravely alarmed" and called for reversal of the annulment.
- Voters in Tanzania go to the polls for the country's general election.
- The dismembered corpse of an abducted 9-year-old albino boy is found in a river on the Burundi-Tanzania border and buried.
- The Hellenic Coast Guard seizes the Tanzanian-flagged cargo ship "Andromeda" - allegedly bound for Libya, loaded with 410 tonnes of explosives - in Heraklion, Greece. 102 safety deficiencies are found, and 8 crew members are arrested.
- Suspected Allied Democratic Forces militants in North Kivu, DR Congo, kill at least 15 United Nations peacekeepers, mostly Tanzanian, and five Congolese soldiers, and wound 53 other people. An unknown number of the rebels are killed. Over 90 peacekeepers have been killed since the mission started in 1999.