Salum Khalfani Bar'wani of the opposition Civic United Front party is elected as a Member of Parliament, the first albino to serve elective office in Tanzania.
An albino is elected as an MP for the first time in Tanzania, telling the BBC it is a "victory for all albinos", who face widespread persecution in the East African nation.
- Tanzania's opposition Chadema party presidential candidate Edward Lowassa calls for a recount of Sunday's election for the presidency before official results are announced tomorrow. Meanwhile, the election commission chief of semi-autonomous Zanzibar nullifies their results, which opposition presidential candidate Seif Sharif Hamad of the Civic United Front announced he won on Monday. The United States said it's "gravely alarmed" and called for reversal of the annulment.
- Voters in Tanzania go to the polls for the country's general election.
- The dismembered corpse of an abducted 9-year-old albino boy is found in a river on the Burundi-Tanzania border and buried.
- As many as 30 people, mostly children, are killed after a school bus plunges off a road into a steep ravine in the Arusha Region of northern Tanzania.
- The UK Independence Party (UKIP)'s only MP, Douglas Carswell, quits the party to become an independent MP.