Fudan University releases the results of a survey that shows that 72.6% of Shanghai residents visited Shanghai Expo, an average of 2.31 times per resident.
- Shanghai Daily
- United Arab Emirates pavilion in Shanghai wins National Council of Structural Engineers Associations (NCSEA) Excellence Award in Structural Engineering at Shanghai Expo 2010.
- Hailed as the largest World's Fair in history, Expo 2010 opens in Shanghai, China.
- Five bodies are recovered from MV "Shunqiang 2", which sank the day before after colliding with another ship near Shanghai.
- MV "Shunqiang 2" collides with another ship off Shanghai, causing thirteen to fall overboard and the ship to sink. Search and rescue operations commence for the missing seafarers.
- The National Iranian Tanker Company-operated Sanchi sinks, following its January 6 collision with a Hong Kong-flagged cargo ship off Shanghai, China, leaving no survivors.