Continuing eruptions of Mount Merapi in Java, Indonesia, lead to cancellation of flights to the nearby city of Yogyakarta.
- Shanghai Daily
- Mount Merapi in Java, Indonesia, erupts. Authorities order evacuations and the closure of Adisucipto Airport in Yogyakarta.
- Two pilots are killed after a South Korean-made KAI T-50 Golden Eagle crashes and bursts into flames at an air show in Yogyakarta on Indonesia's Java island.
- Lava and ash spew from Mount Merapi in Central Java province in Indonesia before dawn as the death toll rises to 120.
- Indonesia evacuates thousands more people from their villages as Mount Merapi in central Java explodes again.
- Fatalities caused by the eruption of Mount Merapi in Indonesia's Yogyakarta province rises, with 28 people known to have been killed by hot ash.