California voters reject a proposition that would have suspended indefinitely the operation of that state's cap-and-trade bill, Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006, known as "AB 32".
- The United States Forest Service says that the Mendocino Complex Fire, largest wildfire on record in California, has been contained.
- Five people are killed in a string of shootings in Bakersfield, California, before the gunman fatally shoots himself.
- A 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO is sold for $48.4 million at an auction in California, making it the most expensive car ever sold through auction.
- Yosemite National Park officials say the Ferguson Fire in California is now fully contained.
- Omar Ameen, an ISIL member who lived in California as a refugee, is arrested in Sacramento for a 2014 murder in Rawa, Iraq.