Panama grants asylum to Maria del Pilar Hurtado, the former head of Colombia's Administrative Department of Security wanted for allegedly illegal wiretapping.
- Floods across South America: Panama experiences its heaviest ever rains, with the Panama Canal shut for the first time due to weather. Millions of people are affected across the region, and there are deaths, including in Colombia and Venezuela.
- A roadside bomb hits a United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon patrol, killing six Spanish-speaking peacekeepers (three of whom were Colombian) and injuring two others.
- Colombian investigators release their final report on the 2016 disaster, which killed 71 including most of the AssociacGBPo Chapecoense de Futebol team. The report blames mismanagement leading to fuel exhaustion, noting the aircraft departed without adequate fuel.
- Panamanian law firm Mossack Fonseca announces that it is shutting down due to the economic and reputational damage inflicted by its role in the global tax evasion scandal.
- Five Dutch nationals and a Colombian are arrested at the staged delivery operation in Oss, Netherlands, of a container with 4,500 kg of cocaine and bananas for cover, originating from Colombia, that was previously intercepted in the Port of Antwerp.