- The United States House of Representatives votes to censure New York Democratic Party member Charlie Rangel.
- U.S. Representative Anthony Weiner of New York resigns his office amidst pressure from Democratic leadership and President Barack Obama after admitting to sending lewd photos via Twitter.
- Kathy Hochul, the Democratic Party candidate, wins a special election to represent New York's 26th congressional district in the United States House of Representatives.
- The United States House Committee on Standards of Official Conduct finds Charlie Rangel guilty of multiple violations of House of Representatives rules.
- The United States House of Representatives ethics committee charges California Democrat Maxine Waters with breaking ethics rules.