Police discover a detonator, batteries and a ticking clock in Namibia's Windhoek Airport apparently due to be loaded on an aircraft bound for Munich, Germany.
A suspicious bag containing a detonator, batteries and a clock was found in a Namibian airport, possibly bound for Munich, German police say.
- BBC (Image)
- Germany says the laptop bag containing an explosive simulation training device found at Namibia's main airport during loading of a flight to Munich was part of a security test, a day after German Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere issued a warning of possible terror attacks next week.
- Germany hands over to Namibia the human remains--19 skulls, a scalp and bones--of Herero and Nama tribespeople among the tens of thousands killed by the German Empire between 1904 and 1908.
- A shooting occurs at a local train station in the Unterfohring suburb of Munich, Germany. The assailant shot a police officer in the head; she is in critical condition. Backup police engaged in a shootout where the suspect and two bystanders were injured. Police do not believe this is a terrorist attack.
- Ten people, including the gunman, are killed and 21 wounded in a shooting in and around the Olympia-Einkaufszentrum shopping mall in the Moosach district of Munich, Germany, next to the Olympic stadium.
- One person is killed and several others injured in a knife attack at the Grafing station, a station of the Munich S-Bahn system in Germany.