Australia deports Gabe Watson to face trial in the US state of Alabama for the alleged murder of his wife Tina.
- The Australian
- The case against Gabe Watson in relation to the death of his newlywed wife Tina on the Great Barrier Reef in Australia is dismissed in the US state of Alabama.
- American Gabe Watson leaves detention in Australia after serving time for the death of Tina Watson after she drowned in 2007 after he failed to rescue her. He will be extradited to Alabama to face murder charges upon suspicion of murder.
- Australia and the United States reach a deal to relocate asylum seekers from Nauru and Papua New Guinea's Manus Island to the U.S.
- Presidential candidate Rodrigo Duterte said that Australia and the United States should go ahead and cut their ties with the Philippines if he was elected president, following critical comments of their ambassadors on his rape remarks.
- Australia, the UK, France, and the United States, all issue security alerts for westerners in Sanlitun in the Chaoyang District of Beijing, a popular diplomatic and entertainment district. Chinese officials indicate they have taken appropriate measures in response to this information.