American actor, George Clooney, is awarded the 2010 Ripple of Hope award at the Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights, in recognition of his humanitarian work in Darfur and Haiti.
- An overnight fire destroys parts of Haiti's historic Marche en Fer (Iron Market) in Port-au-Prince. It is unclear what started the fire.
- United Kingdom Secretary of State for International Development Penny Mordaunt tells BBC One that Oxfam's failure to pass on information regarding sexual misconduct allegations of its workers in Haiti and Chad shows an "absolute" absence and failure of moral leadership.
- The United States closes its embassy in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, due to large-scale protests against the policy of U.S. President Donald Trump.
- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security discontinues the eligibility of citizens of Belize, Haiti, and Samoa to obtain H-2A and H-2B visas for temporary work.
- The United States will end the temporary protected status program (TPS) for more than 300,000 refugees from El Salvador, Haiti, Honduras, and Nicaragua. Many of the refugees have already left for Canada, where it is easier to get asylum.