A fault discovered in Idaho could produce an earthquake of 7.5 magnitude.
Scientists at Idaho State University map out a new, active seismic fault in the US Rocky Mountains capable of unleashing a 7.5 magnitude earthquake.
- BBC (Image)
- A man stabs multiple people celebrating a three-year-old's birthday party at an apartment complex housing refugees in Boise, Idaho. Nine people are injured, including the birthday girl and five other children; the birthday girl dies the next day.
- Voters in the U.S. states of Mississippi, Michigan, Hawaii and Idaho vote in primary elections and caucuses.
- Ted Cruz wins the Idaho Republican primary.
- The governors of the U.S. states of Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, Massachusetts, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin say they will not accept Syrian refugees in response to the Islamic terror attacks in Paris. Twenty-three of the 24 governors are Republican with the other being Democrat (New Hampshire).
- The U.S. Department of Energy cancels a shipment of 100 pounds of spent nuclear fuel (estimated value $200 million per year) to Idaho after failing to agree on terms that required a waiver to their 1995 agreement.