A fault discovered in Idaho could produce an earthquake of 7.5 magnitude.
Scientists at Idaho State University map out a new, active seismic fault in the US Rocky Mountains capable of unleashing a 7.5 magnitude earthquake.
- BBC (Image)
- A man stabs multiple people celebrating a three-year-old's birthday party at an apartment complex housing refugees in Boise, Idaho. Nine people are injured, including the birthday girl and five other children; the birthday girl dies the next day.
- Voters in the U.S. states of Mississippi, Michigan, Hawaii and Idaho vote in primary elections and caucuses.
- The U.S. Department of Energy cancels a shipment of 100 pounds of spent nuclear fuel (estimated value $200 million per year) to Idaho after failing to agree on terms that required a waiver to their 1995 agreement.
- The United States Federal Government recognizes same-sex marriage in Alaska, Arizona, Idaho, North Carolina, West Virginia and Wyoming, bringing the total number of states with recognition of gay marriage to 32.
- Residents evacuated from Greenhorn Gulch area in Idaho from the Beaver Creek fire.