Israel approves plans to withdraw IDF troops from the northern half of Ghajar, a village on the Israeli-Lebanese border.
Israel approves plans to withdraw its troops from the northern half of a village deemed by the UN to be inside Lebanon, Israeli officials say.
- BBC News
- The Israel Defense Forces say they shot dead three Palestinians in two incidents yesterday. The IDF says one was killed trying to breach the Israeli-Gazan border fence while a second was wounded and arrested. They say the second incident saw two men shot dead after bypassing the fence and throwing explosives at IDF soldiers.
- The Israel Defense Forces arrest a suspected Hamas member caught tampering with equipment at the Karni Crossing on the Israeli-Gazan border.
- Israel Defense Forces announce the destruction of a Gaza-Israel tunnel thought to belong to Hamas, with Defence Minister Avigdor Liberman claiming it to be the longest tunnel found to date.
- Militant Palestinians fire rockets towards Israel from the Gaza Strip. The Israel Defense Forces say that the Iron Dome system intercepted two missiles, while one rocket fell in a flat open area and nobody was hurt.
- Syria reports its air defense shot down an Israeli warplane that attacked a Syrian army position in al-Quneitra, near the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights. The Israel Defense Forces say that missiles were fired at their aircraft but none hit.