Israel approves plans to withdraw IDF troops from the northern half of Ghajar, a village on the Israeli-Lebanese border.
Israel approves plans to withdraw its troops from the northern half of a village deemed by the UN to be inside Lebanon, Israeli officials say.
- BBC News
- Syria reports its air defense shot down an Israeli warplane that attacked a Syrian army position in al-Quneitra, near the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights. The Israel Defense Forces say that missiles were fired at their aircraft but none hit.
- Hamas says it has reached a truce with the Israeli military following hostilities today along the Gaza-Israel border. There were no casualties.
- Israel says an Arab-Israeli man who served in the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) has joined Islamic State militants in Syria.
- Three Palestinians are killed by Israeli forces, two in Hebron, one of whom reportedly tried to ram his car into soldiers and the other during a violent demonstration in the West Bank city. A third Palestinian died in clashes with Israeli troops at the border fence between the Gaza Strip and Israel.
- Israeli security forces kill four Palestinians and critically wound another who attempted to stab either police officers or a member of the public today. This is the latest in a month of similar attacks where 17 Palestinian attackers and eight Israelis have been killed.