Facebook inadvertently disabled some users' accounts when a system designed to detect fake accounts malfunctioned. The problem has since been resolved.
- CNN Money
- Senior General Min Aung Hlaing posts on Facebook that Myanmar Army troops and Rakhine State villagers killed 10 Rohingya Muslims whose bodies were found in a mass grave in Inn Din village. This is the first time Myanmar's military has officially acknowledged extrajudicial actions against the Rohingya. Fortify Rights chief executive officer Matthew Smith says the two Reuters journalists who have been jailed since December 12, 2017, were investigating the same mass grave referenced by Min Aung Hlaing.
- U.S. senators question lawyers representing Facebook, Twitter and Google about Russian activity on their platforms during the 2016 United States presidential election.
- A Palestinian man in the occupied West Bank is arrested and questioned for a few hours by Israeli police after Facebook mistranslates his Arabic-language message saying "good morning" into Hebrew for "attack them".
- Facebook tells congressional investigators an operation, traced to a Russian company seeking to target voters, spent $100,000 on thousands of U.S. ads promoting divisive social and political messages during the 2016 U.S. election.
- Business leaders from various U.S. companies, including Facebook, Marriott International, JPMorgan Chase, and Microsoft, lobby to members of Congress to work on a permanent solution for DREAMers to stay legally in the country, many of whom are their employees.