After Alpha Conde was declared the first democratically elected president of Guinea, at least nine people have been killed during riots in Guinea's capital, Conakry.
- Ottawa Citizen
- Forces loyal to Guinean President Alpha Conde repel an attack by unknown assailants on his residence in Conakry.
- Guinea's constitutional court validates President Alpha Conde's October 11, 2015, re-election victory. The court dismissed complaints lodged by opposition candidates.
- A stampede at a concert in Conakry, the capital of Guinea, to mark the end of Ramadan results in at least 24 deaths with dozens more injured.
- The United Nations Children's Fund reports that an outbreak of the deadly Ebola virus that has so far claimed the lives of 59 victims has spread from southern Guinea to the capital Conakry.
- Up to 80 people, including soldiers, are arrested in Guinea after a failed assassination attempt on President Alpha Conde on 19 July.