A Roman settlement filled with ancient artifacts and human remains is unearthed at a construction site in London.
A Roman settlement filled with ancient artefacts and human remains is found on a west London building site.
- BBC News
- A car mounts the pedestrian sidewalk near the Natural History Museum on Exhibition Road, and injures 11 people. London police believe the incident is not terror related. They arrested the driver but later released him.
- The New York Police Department and London's Metropolitan Police Service open investigations into alleged sexual assault allegations against the American film producer Harvey Weinstein.
- Kulsoom Nawaz Sharif, wife of ousted former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, defeats the opposition party's Yasmin Rashid in the by-election for Nawaz Sharif's National Assembly seat. Kulsoom, represented by her daughter and proxy Maryam, is being treated in London for cancer.
- A fire at the 79-story Dubai Torch Tower in the United Arab Emirates, which forced nighttime evacuations, was under control in a few hours with no serious injuries immediately reported. The building's exterior was still being renovated from a fire in February, 2015, which investigators had blamed, at least in part, to flammable siding, echoing the findings of this past June's Grenfell Tower fire in London.
- At a news briefing in London, the CEO of Smartmatic, the Venezuelan-owned multinational company that provided the election system used in Sunday's election, says the number of those participating in the poll was tampered with, off by at least one million.