Thailand extradites suspected Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout to the United States to face terrorism charges.
Thailand extradited on Tuesday suspected Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout to the United States to face terrorism charges, ending a two-year wrangle between the former Cold War foes.
- AP via ''Minneapolis Star-Tribune
- Reuters (Image)
- A Thai appeals court rules to extradite alleged Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout to the United States; Russia expresses its disagreement with the ruling.
- The extradiction of alleged arms dealer Viktor Bout from Thailand to the United States moves a step closer after a Thai court dismisses money laundering charges against him.
- The United States imposes sanctions on two Russian shipping companies and six vessels for involvement in oil transfer to North Korea.
- South Korean President Moon Jae-in announces plans to create a Northeast Asian railroad community with North Korea, the United States, China, Japan, Russia, and Mongolia.
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi says India will launch its first manned space mission by 2022, which would make it the fourth nation to do so after Russia, the United States, and China.