* Attack shuts in 45,000 bpd condensate, NGL output * Exxon says 8 people missing after platform raid * MEND claims responsibility, threat
- Reuters (Image)
- The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta threatens to launch a terror campaign to "defend Christianity" in Nigeria in response to attacks by Islamist group Boko Haram.
- The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta claims responsibility for attacking an Eni SpA pipeline carrying oil to the Nigerian city of Brass.
- In Abuja, two car bombs explode during Nigeria's 50th anniversary celebrations of its Independence from the British Empire, killing 12 and injuring 17. Militant rebel group MEND claims responsibility.
- The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND), a militant group in the Niger delta region of Nigeria, announces the end of its unilateral ceasefire.
- A faction from the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta says it carried out an attack on an oil pipeline, breaking a ceasefire agreed upon with the Nigerian government.